Please read this policy to ensure that you fully appreciate the purpose of Universixty's processing of your personal information.
Universixty is the Data Controller for your data. Please direct any queries, complaints, or data protection requests to email@example.com.
Personal information we may collect
We may collect and process the following information:
- Your contact information including your name and email address when you contact us through our website contact forms or when you sign up for our newsletter
- Details about your computer or device, your browser type, IP address, and browsing activity while on our website
- Your marketing communication preferences or information you provide in any communication when you participate in any blog or community on our website
- Any additional personal information that you may provide to Universixty, from time to time if you contact us by email, letter, or telephone, through the Universixty website, or by any other means.
Why we use your personal information
We may use the personal information collected to:
- Provide our Universixty services to you
- Manage our relationship with you, which may include notifying you about changes to the Universixty service
- Ask you to leave a review or take a survey
- Reply to queries from you and other third parties, and inquiries from law enforcement agencies following applicable laws
- Evaluate the usefulness of advertising Universixty may provide to you
- Meet our legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and contractual responsibilities, and
- Allow Universixty to establish, exercise, or defend our lawful rights and legal claims.
How we collect your personal information
The ways in which we may collect your information include:
- When you communicate with Universixty through our website, including completing contact forms
- When you communicate with Universixty by email, phone, post, and mail
- When you take a Universixty survey
- When you sign up for our newsletter
- When you submit feedback on our services
- Through communicating with us via our social media channels
- By way of direct marketing communications, and
- Information Universixty may receive from external third parties and gain from publicly available sources.
Our basis for processing personal information
Universixty will only ever process your personal information where we have a legal basis that includes the following;
- Where Universixty has requested you to provide consent to process your data for a particular purpose.
- Where Universixty relies on our legitimate interests as a purpose for processing, but only if we have a compelling reason and there is negligible effect on your rights and freedoms.
- If Universixty has a statutory or other legal obligation to process your information to comply with any applicable law.
Who do we share your data with?
Universixty may share personal information with third parties for the following purposes:
- Third-party providers that support Universixty operate our business, including providers of analytics, technology services, marketing, advertising, data storage, hosting, and educational establishments
- Law enforcement agencies and regulators, to meet Universixty’s legal responsibilities and process requests or orders received from those bodies
- Courts, legal counsels, or other parties, where required by Universixty, and in respect of legal proceedings, claims, and complaints in this context
- Where Universixty is sold or amalgamated with another organisation, our advisers and any potential purchaser’s adviser, and the new owners of the business.
- Where you have given permission to share your data. If you are a video creator, for example, we request your permission to share your content with your university and/or accommodation provider. If you are looking for university information, we will ask your permission to share your data with universities/accommodation providers of interest.
Your confidentially is of the highest importance to Universixty, we would only sell or share your personal information where you have provided explicit consent to do so, and it is legal.
You can disable cookies, though this may limit the functionality of the Universixty website.
Universixty may process your personal information for marketing activities. If you wish to opt-out of such communications in the future, you can do so at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Universixty attaches great importance to data privacy and your personal information. In this case, we will take appropriate technical and management measures to ensure that your personal information under our control is protected, including the use of SSL software to encrypt data transmission.
We will implement appropriate security measures according to the type of processing and regularly review them to check that they are still adequate.
Universixty will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose it was collected, which means it will be destroyed when it is no longer needed.
In some cases, Universixty may anonymise your personal information for research or statistical purposes (meaning it is no longer associated with you), in which case Universixty may use this information indefinitely, without notice.
Children’s privacy protection
Universixty services are not intended for children. We do not intentionally collect, retain or target data about children.
Under the UK GDPR and other applicable data protection laws, subject to your jurisdiction, you have the following data protection rights:
Right to access - you can ask Universixty to provide copies of personal information we may hold about you.
Right to rectification – you may request that we correct any identified inaccuracies with your personal information.
Right to erasure - you may ask that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Right to restrict processing - you may ask that we restrict the processing of your data, subject to particular circumstances.
Right to withdraw consent - where Universixty has explicitly requested and obtained your consent for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
Right to object - in certain circumstances, you have the right to object to the processing of your information unless Universixty can show we have a compelling reason for continued processing.
Right to data portability - you have the right, in certain situations, to ask Universixty to transfer your personal information you have provided to us to another organisation or you.
Right to opt-out of marketing communications - you have the right to request that you opt-out of Universixty marketing communications.
Right to complain to a supervisory authority - you have the right to complain to the appropriate supervisory authority where you perceive Universixty has infringed your data protection rights.
If you wish to make a request to Universixty, please email email@example.com.
Universixty may transfer your information outside of the UK to access third party servers to operate a smooth service.
Non-UK residents: If you are accessing this website from a jurisdiction outside of the UK, please be aware that your data may be transferred outside of the jurisdiction you are located, and following the data transfer regime stated for UK residents.
Changes to this policy
Universixty may make changes to this policy when needed, for example, compliance with legislative changes.
You are advised to review this policy frequently to keep up to date with all changes.
How to contact us